Owners Lois Scribner and Howard Moffett welcome you to their historic 1790s home!
Experience the beauty of a New Hampshire Winter at Canterbury Center Bed & Breakfast. Our historic guest house is conveniently located in the picturesque Center of Canterbury, centrally located in mid-state Merrimack County, New Hampshire, and easily accessible from Interstate 93 and Route 132.
We are an easy car drive from Canterbury Shaker Village and the NH Motor Speedway in Loudon, NH and offer a simple, quiet, restful environment inspired by the Canterbury's Shaker heritage and Canterbury's rural history. Our parlor now has a wood stove to make your winter evenings cozy.
Stay overnight during the 2020 Canterbury Maple Festival on Saturday, March 21 and Sunday, March 22. Take your time in a leisurely tour of the sugar houses, the distillery, ale-works, smoke house and farms in Canterbury and Loudon. See Canterbury Maple Festival Facebook page for full details.
Where History Meets Hospitality
Near Shaker Village & NHMS
The four guest rooms are delightfully and comfortably appointed and have their own ensuite bathrooms.
Each is named for a significant person who contributed to the history of Canterbury.
Come visit and enjoy Canterbury Center Bed & Breakfast’s hospitality, its historic ambience and delectable breakfasts which will treat you to healthy, farm fresh, local and seasonal Canterbury produce.
Lois is happy to cater to individual dietary needs and preferences.
Tranquil & QuietCanterbury is tranquil and quiet in the evenings.
There are no pubs or restaurants in town during evening hours
Lois or Howard can suggest restaurants for guests who do not know the area when they are looking for a supper venue in Concord or Tilton.
The quiet should last all night because there are no televisions in the guest rooms, so while it is possible to use laptops and devices to catch up on news etc, there is no late night TV noise to contend with.
Concord, NH Area B & B
Canterbury Center B & B
Things To Do in Canterbury, NH
- Learn a timeless a craft at a Canterbury Shaker Village Hands to Work Shaker inspired one-day workshop.
- Visit a traditional farmers’ market at Canterbury Community Farmers Market, located in the field next to the Elkins Library in historic Canterbury Center, every Wednesday from 4:00 to 6:30 pm until October 2nd.
- Visit Canterbury Community Farmers Market’s Winter Market, on the 2ndSaturdays in November and December, from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm, held at the Canterbury Elementary School Gym, 15 Baptist Rd, Canterbury.
- Celebrate the holidays at The Gift of Lights at New Hampshire Motor Speedway, in 4:30 to 9:00 pm, daily, November 29th through December 31st, 1122 Route 106 North, Loudon.
- Canterbury Center Bed and Breakfast offers easy access to hiking and cycling trails and winter cross country skiing.